Read useful advice and information, from Alan Mackenzie, an e-safety advisor.
Be SMART: Online Safety Video Lessons for 6 – 9 year olds (Childnet)
Childnet have released six new easy-to-follow videos for parents and children to work through together. The 10 – 15 minute videos offer simple, clear online safety advice using fun activities, games and discussion. There are optional follow-up activities to extend children’s learning.
The videos can be found here: https://www.childnet.
Where can I go to get support to help keep my child safe online?
There is support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkuknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC)
- Let’s Talk About It (support for parents and carers to keep children safe from online radicalisation)
- UK Safer Internet Centre (tips, advice, guides)
- Tiktok Parent Guide
- Social Media & Parenting
Online Apps, Games and Social Media
The following links give parents and carers information on how to keep their children safe, whilst using Online Apps, Games or Social Media.